mercredi 17 septembre 2014

In Defense of Man of Steel

Okay before anything else, let me be clear that I was one of those who went "WHAT the hell did Snyder to Superman :cmad:" after I left the theater, and so I will not be the one doing the defense here. It was just that recently, I decided to rewatch the film. Most of the times when I do that to films that I don't like, my dislike for that film will get mellowed, and so the same thing happened with MOS. I still feel like that the action goes on and on and on, too much carnage and destruction that feels like I'm watching a humorless Michael Bay film; however, on this rewatch, there are certain scenes that have become clearer to me, which made me feel like underneath the shoddy direction, there was a certain story that the film failed to deliver across.



For example, for many times in the film, different characters was saying that the world, the humans are not ready for something or someone like Clark. Jonathan didn't trust that humans would not act against his son, and he sacrificed himself for that belief. When Zod threatened Earth, Clark consults a priest who tells him to take a leap of faith, and that the trust part comes later. And so in the scene before Clark goes to Daily Planet, Clark asks the general to trust him that he will not harm the humans and that he is here to help.



What I want for this thread is to give the defenders of the film a place to post their thoughts on what MOS is really about and why it is a good Superman story. I've seen some long good posts in the past but I ignored most of them so maybe you could redirect me there or at least repost it. Don't convert me as if your side was religion, I just want a good read, and maybe in my future re-viewing of MOS, I would appreciate it more and dislike it less.



And to some posters and maybe the mods who think that this thread is better in the MOS section, I posted it here because I think that there is more activity here than in there and that this will get more attention in here.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire