vendredi 29 mai 2015

Racism/Bullying in Schools

Recently there was an issue at a local school near me and after hearing about it I decided to look more into this sort of thing to see if it's a rare issue or a much larger problem. I had assumed school officials had this sort of thing under better control but sadly that's not the case and this issue like the one linked below is fairly common.

As someone who has a child that will be going into grade school in a few years this has become something of a more personal issue and i'm actually pretty outraged by the complete failure of many school districts lack of response towards racist behavior and general bullying. (especially when it so often becomes physical) I feel like I can't depend on officials to do anything and would need to take action myself if this sort of thing happened to my child. Going so far as to confront the parents themselves with legal action in order for them to take responsibility for their child.

Does anyone else have these same concerns about sending their child to school? Or perhaps you already have one at school...and they have been bullied. How did you respond and was the situation resolved?

http://ift.tt/1FeBw7s


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire