samedi 3 mai 2014

Kurtzman and Orci influence on TASM

When the writing team of Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci was announced, I was worried. I find most of the films that they've been credited as screenwriters for lacking, in large part due to their writing. I was hopeful that TASM2 would be an exception, but now that the film has been released it's been criticized often for poor writing and dialogue.



Personally I find the direction by Webb, the acting by Garfield, Stone, DeHaan, Field, Foxx and company, and quality of visuals all to be top notch. But the writing and editing of TASM2 is disjointed and suffers from tonal problems. I don't know if Kurtzman and Orci deserve all the blame, but I think they are a big part of the problem.



That said, what do you think of Kurtzman and Orci's influence on the TASM franchise? Though it's recently been reported that they will not be writing as a team for films due to other aspirations (directing), I believe their script for TASM3 is being used? And an even bigger concern is Kurtzman is slated to write and direct the Venom standalone movie. Maybe Sony should reconsider? :csad:




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire