lundi 6 juillet 2015

The DJ Booth

I've noticed a few other DJ's on the boards and thought it would be cool if we fellow DJ's had a spot to share tips and tricks as well as other things so I made this thread. A little background about myself behind the decks, I started spinning in 2002 just out of high school in the hey days of the FL breaks scene. I learned to beatmatch by ear with vinyl but went to CDJs not too long after that due to not having a record shop nearby when I moved. After that of course I went digital like most of my fellow DJs today. Breaks is and will always be my first love of dance music, but as I have aged I have come to appreciate many types of music. First and foremost though I am all about bass. I dig a lot of house music but the 4 on the floor repetitive beat does get old after awhile. Of course I am a huge fan of turntablism like most DJ's but sadly as of right now I am not a scratch DJ but do hope to learn one day. I have mad respect for DJ Craze, he is one of my all time faves and I have met him and watched him do his thing a few times. As for the current state of dance music I have to say I'm not the biggest fan with how mainstream a lot of it has become. The "EDM" cookie cutter big room house sound is just blah and it really does damn near all sound the same to me. Also not a fan of how the newer kids DJing play about 60-90 seconds of a tune and then mix out to the next one, it's really annoying and doesn't let the crowd get in the groove IMO. I did grow up on long mixes and smooth blends so that is something I feel is paramount for and DJ to learn but with the controllers these days it does make it quite easy.

Also if you are new to DJing or thinking about getting into it feel free to join in and ask any questions you have, I'm more than happy to share the knowledge that was shared with me and to do my best to keep the underground going strong!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire