vendredi 21 août 2015

Will DC ever get ahead of Marvel? (Comic-wise)

I was just looking at sales and for the longest time now Marvel has been beating DC. Its not by a lot but its a pretty hefty edge.

The only DC title that can even compete is Batman and Justice League. The top ten is usually filled with Marvel titles.

Now I can hardly keep up with things going on in DC so I dont read much Marvel, I mean both sides have great characters so I would expect them to be pretty even but are Marvel's stories and writing better or something?

DC screwed up so bad with New 52, their sales originally were great but once people realized how much they trashed the universe the sales really faded. Now they have finally dropped the new 52 logo but I mean the damage has been done. They lost so many fans with the New 52 and I am pretty sure they didnt gain many and those they did gain most likely have dropped DC titles by now.

Even the big cross over stories are very un-even in sales. This Secret Wars story line in Marvel has made a lot of sales but a story like Forever Evil (I really liked it, I thought it was so good) didnt make nearly as much as something like Secret Wars.

What can DC do to compete? How can they even catch up? I dont want them to beat Marvel but I would like them to at least be neck and neck. I am also kind of scared DC will go out of business in the near future, its not likely with all the money they will make with the movies but Marvel has some edge.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire