dimanche 30 août 2015

So, are we ever going to do something about those text book prices?

I assume most people here are either going to college, or have gone to college. So, you all probably know what I am talking about. Textbook costs have gone up 1,041 percent since 1977.

Yet, aside from some news articles, nothing ever seems to get done about it. What's with that? Have college students lost their balls?

I ask because this problem actually seems to be getting worse. 5 companies now control 85% of the textbook market and they have students over a barrel. Colleges are doing nothing, and some professors are actually acting as accomplices for kickbacks.

Personally I think its time for a mass book burning, but I'd be interested to hear some more rational thoughts.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire