mercredi 1 avril 2015

Should Comedians Have Free Rein?

Recently every time a comedian says something and people get offended the common defense I hear is "Theyre a comedian. They always offend" or "They were being funny" or something along those lines.



So Im wondering should comedians just be able to say whatever they want and have people be "the weird ones" by being offended?



Should Louis CK be able to drop the n word multiple times in a set? Should Hannibal Burress be able to say the f word (the derogatory one toward homosexuals) and get a pass? Obviously people are going to get offended as long as people still exist, still...



I just wanna hear opinions on this.





I havent really ever gotten offended by a comedians bit. So I personally think theyre fine. However I would feel some type of way if a comedian, in this day, just started throwing out derogatory slurs toward any group of people.

Also I feel that sometimes certain jokes about death are just really weird.

Like, I remember Amy Schummer made a joke about Ryan Dunn's (from Jackass) death in front of one of his friends. For no real reason. It was random as hell and just came off as mean spirited to me. I mean I get that we really shouldnt be sympathetic toward Dunn because he was driving drunk and killed another person as well. But that's still stupid to me to make a joke about it right to his best friend's face.

And I read that at the Justin Bieber roast they were making jokes about Paul Walker. I mean Im not going to pretend that Walker was this great actor (like I saw some do after his death) but still why make a jokes about him. Were him and Bieber friends (which wouldve made it worse imo) or was it just because Ludacris was there.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire