mercredi 25 février 2015

Pretty Artist Chick In Need

Did that work? ;)



But seriously. Small introduction from me: Whitney Cook. Some of y'all know me already. Some call me Cookie. I'm primarily an indie comic book colourist, but I also do my own side freelancing.



To avoid getting really lengthy, I'll copy and paste what I've been posting around in hopes of getting attention for both myself, and my partner Marvin (he is mentioned below.)

Some know this has been a battle for me, as I've sought out guidance, and this is what I'm left with.





"If you got a minute to read, I’d appreciate it. This is a GoFundMe fundraiser to raise money to help try and compensate two artists, (myself, Whitney Cook, the colourist, and Marvin Castillo, the illustrator, single father of a 12-year old son) who have already completed our work (a lot of it), and due to miscalculations and VERY unforeseen events (happening to our employer), we were unable to be compensated. (Woah, right?)

If you’re not an artist, you might not understand the value of art, if you are, you might understand that working on a 32-page book and then not getting your payment is sort of a terrifying and stressful deal. This GoFundMe is going to help us a lot.

If you can’t donate, please share everywhere you can! Every type of support counts! Support an artist! We work hard too! Please don’t let our hard work go unpaid.



http://ift.tt/1wg8lgX
"



I hope that if you're unable to donate to this fund, that you'll find time to share this link on your social media sites and support us as artists, and as people who have dreams, and bills to pay.



I'm open to questions and comments.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire