lundi 28 juillet 2014

Tarantino Considers Sci-Fi, New "Body Snatchers"





By Garth Franklin Monday July 28th 2014 03:45PM

Along with confirming that "The Hateful Eight" is going to go into production, filmmaker Quentin Tarantino revealed at his recent San Diego Comic Con panel that he's considering a sci-fi tale, albeit a non-space opera one. This would mark the first time he's ever considered it after showing zero interest in the past:
"If you had asked me a few years ago I would have said: "Nah, not really, I don't know." But i have a little idea right now. It's a little flower, you know, like a bean sprout, but those tend to grow into stalks. This would be the first time I wouldn't say, 'No, not really.' This is the first time I'd say, 'Maybe.'

It wouldn't be a spaceship-y type thing - traveling through space, going to other planets - it would be more of an Earth-bound sci-fi thing, but sci-fi nonetheless."

What could it be? In a follow-up question he was asked about the possibility of him taking on a project within an existing franchise. He revealed there was only really one he wouldn't mind tackling which, coincidentally, fits the sci-fi angle he mentioned above. Are they one and the same? Here's what he said:
"A series that I would like to put a spin on is the Invasion of the Body Snatchers. I want to take it from the pod people's perspective, so you're actually rooting for the pod people. I don't think they're so bad."

Source: The Guardian




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire