lundi 29 juin 2015

Dating and race (and politics I guess)

This was brought to my attention via a "facebook friend". You know the kind, where you just see their statuses but don't actually interact with them. But if I was to classify her personality, I would say she is a social justice warrior that you find on Tumblr.

ANYWAY

Her thoughts on dating are that she actively chooses to date black men rather than white men because of her political views. In essence, she does it because she doesn't like white male privilege and that's what the grounding of her reasoning is.

Isn't that.. I don't know, inherently racist? I'd understand if she was predominately sexually attracted to black men, but this is different no?

I know I've dated people that have different political views, though is on another level.

What do you think?

(I'm just opening this up for discussion. I know everyone is different blah blah blah)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire