jeudi 7 août 2014

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Fan Cut

Hey guys,



So I have the next few days off from work and in light of the iTunes release and all the deleted scenes coming out I decided to make a fan cut with some of the finished scenes that were cut out of the movie to try to make a more fleshed out and complete (albeit longer) telling of the story. Obviously I don't want to include the scenes that aren't finished (like Goblin kills Menken or Felicia Sees Her Boss (Unfortunately. I really liked Harry's disgust/anger when he sees what he's become in that scene. Maybe I can include it somehow)), but I thought I'd open it up to you guys for opinions on which of the other scenes I should include.



Scenes I'm definitely going to include:

Flash Forward, Peter Visits Harry, Birth of the Goblin



Scenes I'm iffy about:



Max's Mother:

Now, I know people dislike the Max's Mother scene, but I was thinking of including it because (a) it fleshes out Max's dementia/mental problems. Instead of just the one moment where he imagines snapping at Smythe, it becomes a repeating motif when if it happens in two instances, becoming less of a joke and more of a legitimate character trait showcasing Max's mental imbalance, (b) It shows Max fixing the circuit which helps in making his character believable as an electric engineer, (c) it shows that Max is miserable in his home life as well, driving home the massage that he's close to snapping, which would make his outburst at Times Square more cathartic/emotional/and for some people, less random. Lastly, (d) yes Max's Mom is campy and hammy but if campy scenes are thrown throughout the movie the tone might feel more even/balanced instead of just that one Schumacher-esque scene with Doctor Kafka which feels so out of place by itself. Thoughts?



Mayhem in the Morgue:

Okay, I know the mortician is campy as hell, but I'm also thinking of maybe putting this in. Why? Because (a) like with Max's Mother, the mortician's character is pretty animated/hammy, which might seem bad at first glance, but like I said, the inclusion of multiple scenes with characters like that might make the movie a little more even-toned in the long run, (b) It actually shows Electro killing someone with his powers. It makes him more of a threat than just a pretty light show because it shows the consequences of being hit by that lightning.



Missing Each Other:

I don't know. I like that it shows Gwen thinking about Peter as well because then it shows that they mutually miss each other as opposed to just Peter being hung up on her. I also like that it shows Gwen's room and a little bit of her personality from her posters and decor and stuff. However, do you guys think it's necessary?



Thanks guys.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire