mercredi 6 août 2014

Relationships and interactions that you liked

From the beginning, the franchise has altered or outright ignored many of the character relationships that were in the comic books. It also created new ones that never existed. This has been a endless source of frustration for many, but let's talk about the ones you actually liked (whether or not they were true to the books). I'll start.



Rogue and Wolverine- their dynamic and the way they met is drastically different from the books, but I think the writers stayed true to the spirit of the books by showing Wolverine in a mentor role with a vulnerable young girl. They had a lot of heartfelt moments and the relationship wasn't creepy (in lesser hands, it might have been). I like that Rogue's innocent crush on Wolverine didn't prevent her from forming a reasonably healthy relationship with an age-appropriate boy.



Rogue and Iceman- I didn't like this at first. As a fan of the 90s cartoon, I was greatly disappointed to learn that Gambit and Rogue's relationship would not be on the big screen. Rogue and Iceman grew on me, though, and I even began to find their puppy-love shtick endearing (until X3, but let's just forget about that). I wish I could have seen more of them in DOFP but it was sweet [SPOILER]seeing them holding hands at the end, with Rogue positively beaming.[/SPOILER]

On a side note, Bobby's jealous posturing when introduced to Logan in X2 made me chuckle. The icy handshake was a nice touch.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire