mardi 1 avril 2014

Movies that got better after a rewatch

Self explanatory.



One of the best things about being a movie buff is sometimes you're wrong and you see a film you may have disliked, even hated in a new light on a second (or even third) viewing. Sometimes a movie just doesn't gel with you due to having tough day or not being in the mindset to absorb the particular brand of entertainment the movie is offering you at the time. Sometimes maturity comes into play as well. There were many classic films I watched when I was younger as budding movie geek that I just wasn't able to appreciate at the time only to give them a second go after a while to find out they rocked.



So off the top of my head these are the films I didn't like the first time I saw them, but have grown to love. The kicker is most of them are on my list favorite movies somewhere.



In no particular order:

-2001: A Space Odyssey.

-Doctor Strangelove

-Blade Runner

-Donnie Darko

-The Big Lebowski

-Fargo

-Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

-The Truman Show

-Napoleon Dynamite (I think it's huge popularity at the time made me really resentful of it because all anybody did in high school when it came out was quote it. I was so popular at my school I swear literally half of the student body owned a "Vote For Pedro" shirt)

-Videodrome

-Brazil

-Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas

-12 Monkeys (I had a real Terry Gilliam problem for a while, lol)

-Eraserhead




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire