mardi 1 novembre 2016

Which do you prefer so far DCCU or DC TVU (live action)?

Hey dudes, if this hasn't been covered yet, I feel it ought to be.


On one hand we've had 3 DCCU films:


  • Man of Steel
  • Batman v Superman
  • Suicide Squad



On the other hand we've got a bunch of TV shows:


  • Arrow
  • The Flash
  • Supergirl
  • Legends of Tomorrow
  • Gotham

....and Lucifer, if you want to include it.

So, Which do you prefer ?

( NB: this is about the live-action shows, not the animated ones, because sadly DC's animated films are waaayyy better than
it's live action movies. Don't believe me, watch Assault on Arkham then watch Suicide Squad....)



To be honest, if had to decide which I prefer, I'd go with the TV shows. Sure they have their ups and downs, but the downs don't even come close to the terrible depths that B v S and Suicide Squad have sunk. It's like after Man of Steel DC found itself at ground level, and decided to reach the sky they'd dig down through the earth and come out the other side.

The TV shows can be pretty goofy, and as a very wise poster pointed out, can be a bit generic. However, given that they've shown us a Superman this year, who was much more likeable than the big screen version, I'd say that the TV shows have the edge.

I'm sure some of you are gritting your teeth and thinking it's not a fair comparison, given that there are a bunch of TV shows and Arrow's on season 5. You're right, it's not totally fair, it is a bit apples and oranges, but what I'm interested in is the enjoyment factor.

While I love man of Steel, I can barely watch B v S, and I can't bring myself to see Suicide Squad again - even the worst episodes of Supergirl or Flash aren't that bad, and Legends of tomorrow is just ridiculous cheesy fun ( a real guilty pleasure).

Now, just before you have at it remember, what I asked was..

Which do you prefer ? NOT, which are actually better - because I suspect that could get ugly real fast !


Which do you prefer so far DCCU or DC TVU (live action)?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire