jeudi 3 novembre 2016

Superhero Casting You're Glad Didn't Happen

I suppose we've all walked out of a movie disappointed at one point or another and wondered if the movie would have been better if some other actor had been selected for the lead role. Oftentimes, in the internet age, we know who studios had on their shortlists before casting announcements are ever made. Regardless, there have been many times that I've personally be very GLAD that various rumored actors weren't cast. I haven't seen Dr. Strange yet (going tonight) but even still, I'm 100% positive I'll enjoy Benedict Cumberbatch in the role more than I would have enjoyed Jaoquin Phoenix (conversely, I think Phoenix would have made a much better Lex Luthor than Jesse Eisenberg).

Anyway, what are some superhero castings that almost happened, and you're glad they didn't? Besides the aforementioned Phoenix/Strange one, here are a few others off the top of my head. Some of these were just people who auditioned, whereas others were either in serious consideration or actually cast at one point.

Nicolas Cage as Superman (duh)
Joshua Jackson as Batman
Channing Tatum as Thor
John Krasinski as Captain America
Jack Huston as Star-Lord
Tom Cruise as Iron Man
Jack Black as Green Lantern
Armie Hammer as Batman
DJ Corona as Superman (and really, anyone else from Justice League Mortal except Anton Yelchin)


Superhero Casting You're Glad Didn't Happen

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire