samedi 12 novembre 2016

Spider-man and 9/11

I'm a huge 9/11 historian. I watch everything I can on the subject,and read everything I can. Even after all these years and countless times watching the trilogy,everytime I see that first movie I still can get the sense of September 11 casting it's shadow over the film. There are one or two shots of the World Trade Center still in the movie and I get a bit emotional at the scene on the bridge when I hear the line,"You mess with one of us,you mess with all of us!"
And when I often think of films impacted by the 9/11 terrorist attacks Spider-man comes to mind and is even right up there behind only movies like United 93 and World Trade Center. The original Spider-man seemed to be the right film at the right time. I think it really gave us a hero that we needed,one that wasn't like the macho,badass heroes of the 1980's or 90's,like Rambo and the Terminator. Of course,Spider-man is a flawed hero who defends New York. So,even if the film wouldn't have come out at that time,9/11 still would've had a huge impact on the character. Does September 11th still dominate Spider-man(2002)or even the rest of the trilogy for you? Is there still that impact?


Spider-man and 9/11

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire