lundi 26 septembre 2016

Audrie & Daisy (2016)

Audrie & Daisy (2016)
Directors: Jon Shenk, Bonni Nehama Cohen
Rotten Tomatoes: 82%
IMDB: 7.7/10



I watched Audrie & Daisy this weekend, which is now available on Netflix. It (primarily) covers the story o two recent American teenage female sex assault victims: Daisy Coleman and Audrey Pott.

I've now watched maybe a half-dozen documentaries on this subject (I've watched *a lot* of documentaries in the past year), and this may have been the most difficult to watch. Part of this is that it's a well-made film, it's focused, mostly on the similar stories of two women, rather than looking at a general phenomena involving many dozens of people. With that focus, comes humanity, and thus the tragedy of the circumstance is better felt.

I have no idea how to review this properly without spoiling, to the extent spoiling can be a thing with documentaries, so I won't. I think it's better to watch the story evolve, the directors did a very good job with follow-up, interviewing people relevant to the cases, et cetera. I link to the following two very competent reviews if anybody is interested:

http://ift.tt/2d5Mzvt

http://ift.tt/2cQv8NG

If I had a 12 year-old son I would watch it with him and have a conversation with him on the subject.

Grade: A


Audrie & Daisy (2016)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire