jeudi 21 juillet 2016

Cops Shoot Unarmed Black Man Laying On The Ground

Unarmed South Florida man with hands up shot by police while calming autistic patient

Quote:

An unarmed Miami-area man trying to calm his autistic patient was shot in the leg by police even though he had his hands up, he said Wednesday.

Police in North Miami, Fla., told WSVN-TV officers responded Monday to a 911 call reporting a man with a gun threatening to commit suicide. Yet Charles Kinsey, a behavioral therapist, told the TV station the witness and later the police may have mistook the autistic man’s toy truck for a gun.

The patient had run away from a group home in the Miami suburb. Cellphone video showed Kinsey lying on the ground and trying to calm the patient even as officers pointed their guns at them.“I’m going to the ground, just like this with my hands up. And I’m laying down here just like this. And I’m telling him again, 'Sir, there’s no need for firearms. I’m unarmed, this is an autistic guy. He has a toy truck in his hand,’” Kinsey told WSVN.

“When he shot me, it was so surprising. It was like a mosquito bite. And when he hit me, I’m like, I still got my hands in the air. I said, ‘You know, I just got shot.’ And I’m saying to them, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ And his words to me, he said, ‘I don’t know.’”

Yet the officer handcuffed him momentarily and flipped him over on the concrete at NE 127th St. and NE 14th Ave., Kinsey said. He was later taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
http://ift.tt/29Xp6Me


Cops Shoot Unarmed Black Man Laying On The Ground

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire