dimanche 13 septembre 2015

What is Captain America's limitations compared to the rest of the characters in MCU?

I was thinking about the best place to write this, technically it belongs in the Captain America world section but there never seems much activity there, but I think this subject provokes a serious question for the MCU.

I know it's called super soldier serum but it is of my understanding that 616 captain america is of peak human physical condition, but if that's how he is in the MCU, it gives me the impression that he's overpowered. I know the MCU also bases some of its stuff on the ultimate comics and that cap is superhuman there, and even if he is superhuman, then again, I feel that that is making him overpowered.

In cap1, he fought and outdid several trained killers and soldiers which makes sense, fought toe to toe with red skull which makes sense because there's no indication that he was supposed to have superhuman strength

In av1 when he was fighting loki, he was able to deal some damage but could not really hold his own. and in 616, loki has superhuman strength*

In cap2, he's able to throw his shield from sitting on his bike with enough inertia that it was able to the same distance as if he threw it with a full force, and kick a guy off of a boat like even a most-fit human couldn't do. In his first fight with the winter soldier at first it seemed like he was evenly matched but still had the upper hand - but 616 winter soldier's arm is supposed to house superhuman strength. then in their second fight it seemed most of the time that cap easily had the upperhand, overpowering the winter soldier and I originally thought maybe the recalibration of the winter soldier's mental programming just made him sort of physically weaker, but when I brought up the discussion on facebook everybody just said cap was a stronger/better fighter, but I don't really like that answer because it does not make the winter soldier seem like much of a formidable opponent, in that case. and again, it makes captain america overpowered, in my opinion.

I didn't really like av2 and besides the foreign language bootleg version online I saw it once at the theater and it looked like during the fight with ultron on top of the truck, cap was able to hold his own - but 616 ultron is also supposed to house superhuman strength, so if cap was able to hold his own against ultron (or at least deal more damage) than why couldn't he with loki?

he challenged iron man to some sparring in av1 and next year they're actually going to fight but I don't know how he's supposed to stand a chance because iron man's armor gives him superhuman ability as well...I guess the shield will go a long way. I don't know how the fight ended in the comics.

bottom line is, in my opinion, if captain america is at peak human physical condition, then in several instances he comes off as overpowered in the MCU and if he is superhuman, then again, in my opinion he's an overpowered superhero. not every main character has to have superhuman strength; I originally thought his capabilities physically would be similar to that of daredevil but if he is superhuman, then he's stronger than daredevil.

*I know superhuman strength goes a long way, though. for instance, drax is superhuman but was easily outdone by ronan, who was obviously much stronger. the point here is that I thought cap was not supposed to be superhuman at all.

What do you think?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire