mardi 1 septembre 2015

I saw the film before the HYPESPLOSION

Hi all!

So this is essentially a reminiscing thread. One thing I've found fascinating with films in pop culture, especially the hugely popular ones, is looking at how they were received when they first opened, as opposed to how they were received years later as they became cinema classics, or cinema infamy.

For example, I don't remember a time when Star Wars wasn't STAR WARS. By the time I was old enough to watch it, it was already a pop culture giant. I don't remember a time when I didn't know Darth was Luke's dad, the films were already legend. So I would be fascinated to see people's opinions who were old enough to watch the thing in theaters, and hear about what it felt like to watch it for the first time.

And that goes for any film really, I thought it would be fun to just reminisce about what it felt like to watch some of the classic films for the first time.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire