dimanche 28 août 2016

Puddin' time ! Rate Leto's Joker in comparison to other portrayals.

Hey folks,

Finally saw Suicide Squad - and for me one of the highlights was Jared Leto's Joker. In a messy and forgettable film, his performance was one of the points of distinction - far more so than Smith as Deadshot.

Great to see how committed leto was to the role and that he took it in a different direction - somewhere between Nicholson and Ledger, but with a ton of bling !

Personally I liked it - and I don't know why Leto is *****ing about his scenes being cut from the film - after all it ain't about him !

Still, I think us DC afficianados should have a civilized discussion about how Leto's performance matches up against the others - what we liked, what we didn't etc. Just live action for now thanks.

For me, Ledger is still far and away the greatest, but I would be bold enough to put Ledger at number 2 - because I felt he had a serious sense of menace.

Of course, I don't have a lot to go on, but hopefully we'll get a solo Batman v Joker film where he can really strut his stuff - chuck in Harley too, I thought they had a good dynamic. ( I kind of want it explained at some point that the reason he has all metal capped teeth is because Batman knocked them all out after J killed Jason Todd).

So, here's where I think the Joker performances stand at present.

1. Ledger, simply the best

2. Leto, crazy, menacing and freaky

3. Nicholson, big props for going all the way back in '89, a black comedic portrayal.

4. Cesar Romero, servicable but the laugh always bugged me.

I might write a bit more later on the nuances and subtle distinctions between Leto and Ledger - but I'm working 7 days this week, so I'm to tired to think straight.


Puddin' time ! Rate Leto's Joker in comparison to other portrayals.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire